Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Brazos


Brazos is one of the cowboys I photographed back in May in Fort Worth.  I have done a painting previously and posted it as a WIP on June 25.  I really like this picture of him and decided to take another stab at it yesterday.  I'm pleased with it so far.  I can really see the improvement I have made when I compare the two.  I used a bit of masking on the wisps of hair against his hat.  Hopefully that will work out OK.  Didn't think I could successfully paint around those little grey hairs.  I also made an attempt to depict the rough texture of his skin. I also want to get some of the detail in his scarf and that will take some time and detailed drawing.  As usual I couldn't wait to get started on his face and hat so this is where I am at this point.  This is on 140# Arches stretched cold press.  Not my favorite weight paper but it is fine if I take the time to stretch it.  I have a bit of it in my stash and need to use it.  Good paper is by no means inexpensive but well worth it in terms of results. 

Thanks for reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment