Monday, August 22, 2011

Where I spend my days

Thought it might be nice for you to see where I spend most of my days.  The dogs join me there while I paint.  I spent a bit of time today re-organizing.  You know how things get when you are in the process of just creating and tend to just shove items wherever they will fit.  Pretty soon it's a mess and either I can't find what I want or there's no more room to just "shove". 

In the top photo you will see my tall metal shelving from Costco on the right, next to that a tower of Elfa drawers from Container Store, my computer in the corner, my painting table with Emma asleep on a pillow just beneath it.  That little pillow is their favorite napping place in the studio. 
I sit with my back to the window which provides good light.  I also just replaced the bulbs in the ceiling fan with "daylight" compact fluorescent bulbs and I think they make a big difference.

The second photo is of the opposite wall, where I have my sewing machine cabinet, another set of Elfa drawers in the corner and four bulletin boards that Jim installed on the wall so that I can tack up pieces of my work, some completed and some in progress.  I love having the bulletin boards.  So handy!!  They also save wear and tear on the walls!

Now for some painting time!  Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment