Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Freddie in high school - WIP

This is from a photo that was made during Freddie's senior year in high school.  Everything I have done of him has always been when he was a child, so this is a departure.  There is still alot of work to do but I'm pleased with the progress so far.

I am looking at new cameras and have settled on getting a Nikon D3100 for Christmas from my wonderful husband.  Everyone should have someone so supportive of their endeavors!  Not only do I need to be able to take better shots for posting on this blog and on Wet Canvas, I want to be able to take my own shots for reference material.  I have a really nice Olympus pocket camera that is wonderful to carry in my handbag everywhere.  However, it is really slow to use for capturing those fleeting expressions of people.  Takes forever for it to be ready to shoot again and by then the moment has passed.  Great for flowers etc., just not for candid people shots.  I plan to really study up on how to use the functions properly.  I've never had an SLR camera, so this will be a fun project. 

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment