Friday, October 14, 2011

Brazos

Ok, so I have some issues with this.  First I don't like what is happening with the scarf and clothing and I'm not sure what to do with that just now.  I like the face.  I liked what was happening with the hat in the last post.  Then Soon decided that it should be darker.  After darkening it, I feel like it doesn't have much character now.  I'm really in a flux between Soon's methods and style and those of Ted Nuttall.  I love his loose looking style and the very painterly look.  Soon's work is much more detailed and tight looking, which I really love for some subjects and I am anxious to incorporate that into my own style.  I know that if I ever get a commission for a portrait, that her style would probably be the one most folks would choose.  I know I have alot to learn from Soon and she is already getting me to use more pigment and not do such pale and weak colors.  That is a good thing!!!

So I'm thinking that I need to do some portraits on hot press paper in Ted's style and keep on improving on learning to do that better.  At the same time, I want to really work on learning as much as possible from Soon so that I can paint in her style too.  Good thing I don't have a full time job!!!!  LOL!!  I'd never get to accomplish all that I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment