Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Hmmmm?

I found a scrap of this picture in a box of old family photos.  It is a small little torn piece that is probably about one and one half inches square, in very bad shape with the bottom of the photo not even there.  It has been folded and refolded over time so there are some bad breaks in the paper.  It intrigues me though and unfortunately I have no idea who it is.  My mom was the last person who could have identified it and she passed away almost three years ago.  I made a copy of the photo and started this painting.  I am doing it in the style of Ted Nuttall and am pleased at the progress.  I have placed it on my bulletin board for now so that I can see if I think it needs anything else.  What do you think?  And if there are family members reading this and you have any idea of the identity of this child, I'd love to hear about your thoughts on it!  BTW, this is on 300# Fabriano Artistico paper. 

1 comment:

  1. looks like a good start, dena. those old photos always intrigue me too, even if they are not related. i do think it needs more work, but without the photo i wouldn't dare make any suggestions. you have captured a waif-like quality in this portrait. it definitely reads (to me) as a child of the 19th century with the bowl cut, etc. i wait with interest for the next steps. my best to you for the new year.

    ReplyDelete