Saturday, July 2, 2011

Chandler, WIP

I just love the  expression on Chandler's face here.  It is a snapshot taken when she was about 18 months old, or so.  I worked on it this week and think I have the figure about where I want it.  Now the dilemma is the background!  It seems that I am often unhappy with the background and therefore, ruin some of my paintings.  Poo!!!! A perfect example is the painting in an earlier post titled "Farmer Gavin".  I was pretty happy with the figure and then could not get a background that I liked.  Hence, I will probably not post the finished version of that and will try again from that same photo of her. 

We are attending a family and friends reunion party today.  I hope you all have a marvelous Fourth!  Stay cool and enjoy!  Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful! If you did a varied, loose, soft-edged mid value background in muted cool colors I think that would look gorgeous behind her. Something like the one you did with the previous portrait.

    Maybe you could Photoshop or Gimp to combine the images to see how she'd look on that kind of background, then play with the color balance to decide the major hues of the background.

    ReplyDelete