Sunday, June 26, 2011

Some great instructors!


I have had the great good fortune to study with some great artists.  The two I want to bring to your attention today are Soon Warren and Linda Lucas Hardy.  I studied watercolor with Soon back in 2002 and 2003.  Her watercolor work is really breathtaking.  The scull painting is a piece that I did in her class as a gift for my son.  (I must appologize for the photo quality.  This painting is professionally framed and I had to take the photo through the glass.  That is why there is a shadow of me snapping the pic.)  It was the first of several pieces I have done for him.  Later, I studied colored pencil with Linda.  If you ever see any of her colored pencil work, you will not believe it could be colored pencil.  Amazing!!!  The boots are in colored pencil and completed as a gift for my son again.  The boots are his first childhood boots.  I'm surprised that they still have soles!  He almost never took them off his little feet!

1 comment:

  1. Aww that's cool! I bet he likes those boots to this day. Love the skull.

    You were so lucky to study with Soon Warren. I'd love to attend one of her workshops someday. I'm awed by her paintings.

    Robert

    ReplyDelete